I have been on so many first dates over the last 3 years that if it wasn’t for my calendar app and notes, I would not remember much. I do want to say Attention men and ladies first date bad ideas are as follows:
But before I get into that let’s talk once again about the whole first date thing again. I wrote a blog post awhile back on my own personal preferences but now I want to talk about bad ideas and why.
The backdrop is what do you want ? Just to date or a relationship ? If you want to just date then it doesn’t matter what you do. BUT if you are looking for a relationship, remember, you are trying to get to know the person and just having fun doesn’t move the ball forward very much.
Now back to the bad date ideas:
- Miniature golf – perhaps the worst idea ever. Lots of kids, no privacy, no food, no drinks, so you get the picture
- Horseback riding – no close contact, will usually result in you smelling bad, could result in an injury, no drinking for sure
- Beach – Most women will be nervous about showing themselves on the first date and men may be too
- Theme Parks – Lots of kids, no privacy, can be exhausting, lots of lines which may cause irritation
- Movies – No ability to talk, could go wrong if you make try to make physical contact
- Coffee meeting – Must be quiet due to people using Wi-Fi (like a library), nothing to do, limited food and drink options
- Bowling / Roller Skating – Lots of kids, no privacy, may get competitive which could make one of you feel bad or irritated
- Art Show or Event – Lots of kids, no privacy, may put either of you in disagreement about art or show limited knowledge
So as I wrote in a previous post, its best to shoot for some drinks at a happy hour type environment which can turn into a dinner and more, if you like each other. Try to find a more upscale intimate type place, avoiding sports bars, family restaurants, etc.
As I said, Attention men and ladies first date bad ideas should be avoided.